A great, long-lasting wardrobe requires care and thought when it comes to laundry. While I typically advise clients to invest in quality pieces, caring for these pieces is just as important and will help your clothes look and feel better over time.
A few of my go-to laundry room essentials are:
- A sweater comb: Pilling on sweaters happens, but this comb will gently remove pills and help you get more wear out of your knits.
- Distilled white vinegar: This is a home cleaning necessity. Add it to the wash to help remove the smell from those workout clothes or the kids’ hockey gear.
- A stain bar: This laundry essential has been used for over 100 years to treat stains, and there is a reason for it.
- A mesh washing bag: Protect those delicates with a mesh washing bag. They are perfect for protecting embellished pieces, wool and silk fabrics, as well as swimwear and delicates.
- Leather conditioner: Keep those boots and bags looking like new with a leather conditioner. Be sure to read reviews when ordering a leather conditioner, as some can darken the color.
Alexandra Eve is a local stylist and wardrobe consultant. To learn more or for more information on her favorite laundry brands and products, visit alexandraeve.net.